"hairless cats are disgusting!"
"hairy women are disgusting!"
May you find love. May you find it wherever it’s been hidden. May you find who has been hiding it and exact revenge upon them.
And yet here’s the rub: if a critique of white supremacy doesn’t first flow through you, doesn’t first implicate you, then you have missed the mark; you have, in fact, almost guaranteed its survival and reproduction. There’s that old saying: the devil’s greatest trick is that he convinced people that he doesn’t exist. Well, white supremacy’s greatest trick is that it has convinced people that, if it exists at all, it exists always in other people, never in us.
(because I am apparently Buzzfeed now)
For Jo, as encouragement for her move to Chicago next month
[Let me preface this by saying that nothing will ever surpass the glory of the Manah. Also, if there is anything in this list that seems to point to an annoying roommate, that roommate is me. I am the one who eats your food and never does the dishes. This is all me.]
1. You can wear as little clothing as you want, whenever you want. (#sportsbralife)
2. There’s no one else’s mess to deal with, and your mess affects no one (this is actually two things; you’re welcome)
3. You have total ownership of your space, so you’re actually motivated to clean up (most of the time)
4. No one keeps you awake at night or wakes you up in the morning
5. You can listen to NPR podcasts while cooking and cleaning
6. You control the temperature
7. You can bathe or shower whenever you want (especially if your landlords pay the water bill mwahaha)
8. The only guests in the apartment are yours (and there aren’t ever any guests, but that’s a personal choice)
9. You have total decorating control (I have been living with only a camp chair and an end table for two weeks. And I get to choose to do that!)
10. No one eats your food, moves your stuff, or borrows anything that belongs to you (I apologize for doing those things)
In summation: It’s not that bad! You just listen to TED talks a lot! I thought it was going to be scary, but it isn’t! You can do it!
i googled “why do cats run around and meow at night” and one of the results listed this as a cause: